Wednesday, October 13, 2010

it's what we live for!

i was just thinking,
this world is so beautiful i could cry.
and then i turned on "come thou fount" by sufjan stevens.

and i've got the shivers.
i used to think there was the LORD and then there was beauty.
now i've discovered they are one in the same.
when i see beauty, i see Him.

"i see your face, You're beautiful"
yes-i see beauty. i see His face.

it's incredible. it's a dog on the street. it is the snow on the peak hiding behind the clouds. it's music.
it's light and color. it's people. man.....oh man. people. PEOPLE. ask me what i love.
people
ask me what my calling is.
people
ask me what i want to devote my life to.
people
ask me what my inspiration is.
people

oh man. people. God knew what He was doing when He made people.
most people think, oh God is so upset that He made people. or why did He make them so imperfect?
only to show us how beautiful they could be.
so that when we see them and look into their faces, we see Him.
His face.
He's beautiful.
oooh.

i ate breakfast with cindy this morning. she is beautiful.
i spent the weekend with veanez.
she is beautiful.
i laughed with ben. he is beautiful!
i got to talk to my mother in law. she is beautiful.
mira joy is beautiful.
david's love is beautiful.
christina is beautiful.
and it's all Him.

today i tried to save a runaway/lost dog.
after posting a lost notification on craigslist, i found out she lives two doors down and was just out for a pee.
but she was beautiful.
the trees are beautiful.
the blue birds are beautiful.
hugs are beautiful, and so necessary.
intimacy is beautiful.
thankfulness is beautiful.
and i think i'm beautiful too...

He is so beautiful

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome photo Sarita! wowwwwzers.
    I think you would like Karl Barth sometimes...not all the time. But you should read some of his stuff. When he talks about creation and why God created human...I like it.
    And I love you!

    ReplyDelete